Our breakaway keyhole-style jump cups are heavy gauge steel with a commercial Zinc yellow finish. The 3/4″ cups only meet USEF, & FEI safety cup requirements and will work with most keyhole tracks today (steel tracks sold separately). FEI-approved cups (with certificate)are required for all spread jumps, double or triple “oxers.” They are sold individually with one adapter and 1 cup as a unit.
Our breakaway keyhole steel jump cups are offered in Three depths. Only the 3/4″ approved cups can be used at FEI jumper shows.
- 1.5″ (Deep) (SKU: BAkhdpST): Used mainly for schooling & hunters and sold individually.
- 1″ (SKU: BAkh1ST): Used mainly for eventers. Sold individually.
- 3/4″ (SKU: BAkh3/4ST): Used mainly for jumpers. Sold individually.
- ADAPTER ONLY (SKU: khadapter): Sold individually.
- Safety: Breakaway keyhole steel jump cups & adapters are designed to hold the jump rail in place during jumping competitions but will release and fall free of its bracket when hit with a downward force amounting to 135 ± 15 daN (popular kg)—about 300 lbs.
- Durable: Made in the USA of heavy gauge steel with a commercial Zinc yellow finish, breakaway jump cups & adapters are durable and able to withstand the wear and tear of frequent use.
- Easy to Use: The keyhole design of these jump cups and adapters makes them easy to set up and adjust, allowing for quick course changes and adjustments. They are designed to work seamlessly with our Galvanized keyhole Tracks.
- Versatile: Breakaway keyhole steel jump cups are available in 3 different depths for various equestrian purposes, including show jumping, hunters, or cross-country jumping.
- Professional Quality: Breakaway steel jump cups & adapters are preferred by many professional riders and trainers due to their durability, safety, and ease of use. They are even manufactured in the USA.
- Show Jumping Courses: The 3/4″ Breakaway steel jump cups & adapters are required at all USEF-recognized shows. They should be used on a spread obstacle’s back pole/rail or for a triple jump. They should be used on the middle and back poles/rails. This makes them an ideal option for riders of all skill levels.
- FEI approved: Only the 3/4″ (20mm) Breakaway keyhole steel jump cups & adapters have an FEI approval certificate.
- Hunters and eventers: Breakaway keyhole steel jump cups & adapters in depths of 1.5″ and 1″ are a popular choice for hunters & cross-country jumps and can be used for non-recognized shows. The spring adapter is the same, but as of 12/1/22, a minimum depth of 18 mm (.7”) and a maximum depth of 20 mm (.79”) are required on USEF-recognized shows.
- Regular Inspection: Breakaway keyhole steel jump cups & adapters should be inspected regularly for signs of wear or damage, such as rust, cracks, or bends. Damaged jump cups & adapters should be replaced to prevent injuries to horses and riders.
- Cleaning: The spring section of the adapter should be cleaned regularly and lubricated if needed or replaced if rusted or abused. Breakaway steel jump cups & the adapters should be cleaned regularly to remove dirt and debris that may interfere with their fitting together or performance.
- Proper Storage: When not in use, breakaway steel jump cups & adapters should be stored in a dry, protected area to prevent damage from moisture or abuse.
- Safety First: When using breakaway steel jump cups & adapters, it is important to prioritize safety by ensuring the cups & adapters are securely and properly attached to the keyhole track and spaced evenly to prevent injuries.
There are no reviews yet.