Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups & adapters
1. Introduction to Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups with Adapters
- These Cups and Adapters are essential accessories for equestrian sports people using the old pin-style jumps with drilled holes. These cups are designed to hold the jump rail in place during jumping competitions but will release and fall free of its bracket when hit with a downward force amounting to 135 ± 15 daN (popular kg).
- Our Jump Cups with Adapters are available in a single unit, and each unit comes with a cup, 3/8″ pin, and adapter.
2. Features of Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups with Adapters
- They are made of high-quality steel material and feature a “U” shape design to be used with drilled standards. They have two sets of 7/16″holes spaced 1.5″ apart for fine adjustment. It provides a stable base for the jump rails/poles to sit into.
- Additionally, these cups and pins are finished in a zinc & yellow chromate, ensuring they will last several years, even with regular use.
3. Benefits of Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups
- Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups and Adapters offer several benefits to riders.
- The breakaway cup is designed to release under downward pressure, providing added safety to riders and their horses. The cups are made of high-quality steel, ensuring they will last for several years.
- The spring section of the adapter should be cleaned regularly and lubricated if needed or replaced if rusted or abused.
- The 3 different depth of the available cups provides a good option for the three disciplines of jumping that is hunter/jumper and cross country.
4. Applications of Breakaway Pinned “U” Steel Jump Cups with Adapters
- Firstly, they should be used on the back pole of a spread obstacle or for a triple jump; they should be used on the middle and back poles. This makes them an ideal option for riders of all skill levels.
- In the schooling area, they should be used on both the front and back of a spread jump if it can be jumped in both directions.
- These pinned breakaway cups are a good alternative to the FEI-approved safety cups. Although not approved by FEI, they do meet the requirements and should be used for non-recognized shows.
- Finally, the cups and adapters can be easily put back together once separated by a hit, making them an ideal option for both professional and amateur riders. Overall, these Jump Cups and Adapters are a must-have accessory for anyone using the pin style standards, offering safety, durability, and reliability in one easy-to-use product.
There are no reviews yet.