These breakaway keyhole-style safety cups are FEI approved. They come in ¾” (20mm) and .708″ (18mm) depth. They are sold individually with one adapter and 1 cup as a unit. They Work with most keyhole tracks in use today using a two-inch center hole spacing. FEI-approved cups are required for all oxers and spread jumps.
- Safety: Breakaway keyhole nylon jump cups & adapters are designed to hold the jump rail in place during jumping competitions but will release and fall free of its bracket when hit with a downward force amounting to 135 ± 15 daN (popular kg)—about 300 lbs.
- Lightweight: The “super tough” nylon construction of these safety cups and adapters makes them lightweight and easy to handle, reducing the risk of injury during setup and adjustment. And they work seamlessly with our Steel Keyhole Tracks.
- Versatile: Breakaway keyhole nylon jump cups & adapters can be used for various equestrian purposes, including hunter, jumper, and Equitation.
- Easy to Use: The keyhole design of these safety cups and adapters makes them easy to set up and adjust, allowing for quick course changes and adjustments. The red color is a benefit allowing you to see from across the arena that a safety cup is being used.
- Affordable: Safety cups and adapters are affordable, making them accessible to riders on a budget.
- Design: The design of the safety cup ensures that they fit correctly together.
- FEI approved: The red nylon safety cups 18mm & 20 mm are both FEI certified as of 1/1/23
2. Applications of Breakaway Keyhole Nylon Jump Cup & Adapter Each in Equestrian Settings
- USEF Shows: Effective January 1, 2023, all hunter, jumper, and equitation classes must use an FEI-approved safety cup 20mm or 18mm deep on any spread obstacles. Approved safety cups must be used in the competition arena and schooling areas. Check with your steward for more info.
- FEI shows: Effective January 1, 2023, all hunter, jumper, and equitation classes must use FEI-approved safety cups. They must be used as support for the back pole of spread obstacles and, in the case of a triple-bar, to support the center and back poles of the obstacle. As of January 1, 2023, the maximum depth of the safety cups for the top back pole of a spread obstacle is 18 mm; safety cups used for the center poles of a triple bar or lower poles of other obstacles may have a maximum depth of 20 mm. Approved safety cups must be used in the Competition arena and schooling areas. Check with the steward for more info.
- Each unit has one adapter and 1 cup, 18mm or 20mm, of your choice.
- Regular Inspection: Breakaway keyhole nylon jump cups & adapters should be inspected regularly for signs of wear, rust, or damage, such as cracks or breaks. Damaged jump cups & adapters should be replaced to prevent injuries to horses and riders.
- Cleaning: Breakaway keyhole nylon jump cups & adapters should be cleaned regularly to remove dirt and debris that may interfere with their performance.
- Safety First: When using breakaway keyhole nylon jump cups & adapters, it is important to prioritize safety by ensuring the cups & adapters are correctly attached to our keyhole track and properly spaced to prevent injuries. FEI-approved cups are required for all oxers and spread jumps.